Thursday, April 10, 2008

the first step is admitting you need help


Hi. I'm Fred. And I'm addicted to Amy Ruppel. She is a major source of visual inspiration for me; I must have 20 of her postcards scattered across my bulletin board.


If I was a snowboarder, I'd totally own one of these Burton boards.



And if I didn't already have super-cute pink plaid wellies, I might have to give these a go.


In addition to her illustration work, she creates beautiful wax, wood and charcoal "paintings," building up layer upon layer of wax in the most amazing combinations of colour and pattern. One day I will own a piece of her original art





Unfortunately, her stuff sells out the second it hits the shops. So for now, I'd settle for this beautiful castle owl necklace she designed in collaboration with Amy Bengston, available online at Rare Device. At $140 it's a wee bit pricey, but if you amortize it over the 365-days-a-year you could wear it, it's a total bargain!  


No comments: